Saturday, July 11, 2009

Internet Success - Are You Thinking About It Wrong?

I bet you may have many of the same thoughts I used to have in my early days of Internet marketing. I was always thinking to myself, If only I can come up with that one big idea... I'll have it made!

Come to find out, I discovered that way of thinking is very destructive. Here's why:

One idea I always dreamed of somehow imitating was the pet rock idea from the early 80's (at least I think that is when it was). The guy sold ROCKS in cute little boxes which had care and feeding instructions printed on them. What an idea
He made millions!

I wasted a lot of time thinking there was something just like that which would come to me and I too would have instant riches…hey, this is America! It is just the good ole' fashioned American dream we all have…right?

99.999% of successful people DO NOT become successful instantly. Success for most of us comes in very small chunks - a little here…a little there…and so on over weeks, months, and years.

But guess what! Those tiny successes ADD UP! Besides it is MUCH easier to have a very small success than to have a giant one. None of us will ever likely have that giant success which makes us instant millionaires. I for one do not count on that type of lottery luck anymore for my success! It simply gets in my way of creating all the mini-successes I am getting good at producing.

I am very satisfied with my little successes. If I can put something together in a day or two which will generate me just $100 dollars per month, I am VERY happy! Think about it. If I spend just 12 hours on a project which will make me over $1000 per year…for at least several years to come (if not longer)…that is a pretty good hourly wage!

If you stay with Internet marketing and dedicate yourself to learning it, those kinds of little successes are not that difficult to produce. Just imagine the possibilities of being able to crank them out on a regular basis!

It is FAR easier to have 50 little successes which you reap the rewards from on an ongoing basis than it is to have one giant success!

Here once again I am led to remind you about those 3 little words which are guaranteed to bring you success:

Relentless Focused Action!

Say Goodbye to Your Boss and Toss Your Alarm Clock Like I Did!

17 FREE Internet Marketing Tutorials Teach You How!

Steve Weber
Weber Internet Marketing
http://www.WeberInternetMarketing.com